Dear Pet Parents,
In these difficult times, we want to give you peace of mind in knowing that we are still here for you and your pet(s). Due to the current spread with the coronavirus, we have taken several steps to prioritize your health and safety as well as that of our own employees.
In order to achieve this, we have now transitioned to a modified schedule. Our new weekday hours will be from 8 AM to 5 PM until further notice. Our weekend hours will remain the same; Saturday from 8 to NOON and closed on Sundays. In addition, we will now be offering low contact curbside care for your pets.
Stay tuned to the bottom of this page for any other coronavirus updates that may affect our hours or services. *
We are providing curbside care for regular checkups as well as sick patient visits. Here is what to expect.
- Call ahead to make an appointment.
- Once you arrive for your scheduled appointment time remain in your vehicle and give us a call at 713-723-6427.
- One of our veterinary technicians will obtain any necessary information over the phone.
- For your convenience, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any history, questions, or concerns about your pet that you may have prior to your appointment to expedite the process.
- When calling after your arrival, please give us your vehicle make, model, and color for identification.
- One of our technicians will go out to your car to pick up the pet. Please have their leash and collar (or their carrier) readily available.
- Please remain on the premises, and in your vehicle, during your pets' appointment.
- Once inside the doctor will perform a physical exam and will either go out to your car or will call you with their findings.
- If your pet is sick, we can provide an estimate for treatment.
- Once the exam and treatments are completed we will call to take payment over the phone. If paying with cash, please specify the dollar amount you will be handing over to the technician, so we can ensure you get accurate change.
- We can email you your receipt or give you a physical copy.
- Once payment is finished processing, we will escort your pet back out to your vehicle and we will go over any medications going home.
Medication Refills and Food Pick Up:
We are providing curbside pickup for all medication refills and pet food. Here's what to expect.
- Please call ahead to make sure that your pets' medication or food is in-stock.
- If we do not have it in-stock we will order it and we will send you a text message or give you a call as soon as it comes in.
Please Note: There may be a shortage on certain medications so please try to contact us before you run out of any particular medication.
- Once we have confirmed that we have your medication in-stock, you may come by to pick it up anytime Monday - Friday between 8 am - 4 pm and on Saturdays from 8 am to 12 pm.
- Call us from your vehicle upon arrival and we will take payment over the phone.
- If paying with cash, please specify the dollar amount you will be handing over to the technician, so we can ensure you get accurate change.
- Once payment is finished processing we will take the medication(s) and/or food out to your vehicle as well as your receipt.
*5/18/20 Update - We have now started accepting grooming appointments again. Keep in mind that we do have a waitlist. Call us today to add you to the list and as soon as we have a date available we will contact you. (Wait time is currently 3-4 weeks)
We appreciate your cooperation and patience in these difficult times. If you have any questions or concerns please give us a call at 713-723-6427, email us or fill out our "Contact Us" form.
Dr. Michael Jacob and the staff at CPOAC
Want general coronavirus updates? Visit the Center for Disease Control website.